We make change happen to create a sustainable and equitable future
We work together to help women achieve their potential for good and accelerate the transition to a more sustainable economy through entrepreneurship, equal opportunity and equitable distribution of resources for today and for the future.
A sustainable economy cannot be achieved without gender equality. Women’s empowerment is a key factor for achieving sustainable economic growth, social development and environmental sustainability.
Our aims are loosely aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
While there’s much left to achieve, our focus is in the areas of:
- Recognising and valuing unpaid care and domestic work through the provision of public services, infrastructure and social protection policies and the promotion of shared responsibility within the household and the family as nationally appropriate
- Ensuring women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decisionmaking in political, economic and public life
- Undertaking reforms to give women equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to ownership and control over land and other forms of property, financial services, inheritance and natural resources, in accordance with national laws
- Enhancing the use of enabling technology, in particular information and communications technology, to promote the empowerment of women
- Adopting and strengthening sound policies and enforceable legislation for the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls at all levels
Our focus in achieving these aims is at grassroots level, aiming to bring women together to take action to bring positive change about.